Thursday, January 29, 2015

Dr. Mike's Experiment

It all started a few months ago.  There seemed to be a trend with some clients wanting to increase the time between their visits.  For some reason, some were starting to believe that they didn't need to come in as often as was recommended by Dr. Mike Rumpel.






So, Dr. Mike decided to try going 1 month without an adjustment.  This was no easy task, as Dr. Mike has been getting adjusted regularly since he was 7 years old.  After being pushed off a slide at age 5 and falling on his head, Dr. Mike started experiencing severe headaches, inability to concentrate and daily vomiting.  He was getting in trouble at school constantly.  Luckily, someone suggested to his parents that he see a Chiropractor.






Chiropractic literally saved Dr. Mike.  Going "cold turkey", was against everything he knew.  All the miracles we have seen in our office, all the benefits of regular chiropractic care, would be ignored. 


Dr. Mike's passion for what he does, the results he gets, and the value he sees in every life he touches were just some of the reasons he needed to try this experiment.






My regular Chiropractic routine is to get my spine checked weekly, adjusting what is necessary; this has been my standard for many years.  Rarely do I ever have pain; the purpose of my adjustments is to optimise nervous system function and improve health expression.


The trend of some clients who had been under weekly or biweekly care for years wanting to extend their visits to monthly got me curious as to what they were experiencing and the “why” behind it.
 
By week two I started getting neck and upper back pain, end of that week a headache.  Week three the pain continued and energy levels, normally high, started to get lower.  My mood got worse and my focus and concentration levels dropped by the end of week 3.  The 4th week was bizarre: my pain disappeared, I felt good physically.  Interestingly though, I continued to be affected mentally, which was difficult to truly perceive because it was starting to feel “normal”.  My focus at work was way off, I was sleeping terribly, I was super grumpy and short-tempered (especially with my wife and kids), I became very negative in my overall outlook towards life; all while physically feeling great!
 
This was VERY revealing to me as to what is happening with so many people unfamiliar with regular Chiropractic care.  Most people benefit holistically from weekly or biweekly care at a neurological level.  Because the brain and body have an amazing ability to adapt, the initial physical symptoms associated with not getting adjusted soon disappear because of this adaption.  Relying on pain to dictate health and the necessity of getting adjusted is therefore unreliable because adaptation covers up the true neurological dysfunction of a subluxated spine.  Ultimately, going too long results in brain function changes which alter emotions, mood, sleep, energy levels and overall happiness with this amazing life we’ve been given.
 
So what I experienced, and what some of our Clients have experienced is truly deception – being robbed of full life expression and enjoyment because of adaptation.


 Great personal experiment, not to be repeated because basically it sucked, plain and simple.  I love living a life full of optimism, massive energy, clear thinking and a full capacity to serve and help others....if this means getting adjusted regularly to achieve this, I’m all in!  


Dr. Mike, testing the limits to understand more for his clients.





No comments:

Post a Comment