Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Welcome to Mandy, our newest Team Member!

First I’d like to say how excited I am to be a part of the team at Elk Valley Family Chiropractic!
Welcome Mandy!


I’m new to chiropractic, but health and wellness has been something I’ve been aspiring to for myself and others.

After high school, I did my Physical Education Degree at University of Alberta. As a grad present to myself, I took off for a year of travelling. It was the best decision I made as far as self discovery goes. I was able to see and experience so many new things as well as get perspective and direction for my next steps in life.

When I got home, I saved up some cash and moved to Calgary. There I took my Registered Massage Therapy certification at Mount Royal University. Previous ski trips to Fernie led me to apply for massage work here after graduating. I got work at Island Lake Lodge and Lizard Creek and arrived in time for the 2010 ski season. I quickly adapted to my new Fernie lifestyle of working hard and playing hard.

A few weeks ago, I came in for my first adjustment. I felt an instant connection between massage and chiropractic and how they both provide important health and wellness benefits. I was fortunate enough to come in at a time when Dr. Mike was looking for a new member to join the team. To my surprise, Dr. Mike thought I would be a good fit for this position. From the positive experience I had in the office, I was happy to accept the position.

I wish Shaun all the best as he goes off to chiropractic college. And thanks for all the help with my training!

Mandy training very hard.
I look forward to working with Dr. Mike and Karen. I believe my education and work experience will be an asset in the office.  I feel that the opportunity to work in the office will give me a greater perspective of holistic wellness that I will apply to a fulfilling career.

No comments:

Post a Comment